→ 11 May 12 at 5 pm
I think the main, horrifying thing about these airbrushed pictures being distributed, is there has been a lot of media hype calling this beautiful girl fat. It’s like, the media refuses to let her be proud of her body. They’ve even changed her face shape, making her almost unrecognisable. We always rant about how airbrushed photos affect us, but imagine how they must affect the people being airbrushed. Imagine feeling super confident and good about yourself after a photo shoot, and then seeing the end result and realising you weren’t good enough for the magazine. It must be crushing.
I remember, when my friend was practising photo shopping, she took a photo of my face and airbrushed it without my permission or even warning me. Personally, I found the un-airbrushed photo of myself more attractive, since it looked like me, but the airbrushed version was so disheartening. She’d changed the shape of my nose, elongated my face and taken out the scars by my eyes and the scar on my chest from my operation. She only did it as light hearted practice for her art exam, but it crushed me. She didn’t realise, and perhaps the photo-editors don’t realise, that by airbrushing out all the little imperfections on my face she made me feel like I wasn’t good enough. The little scars and freckles and the bump in my nose were all things that made me, me, and she took them away.
Similarly, by changing Jennifer Lawrence’s body, they’re telling her that no matter how successful she is, no matter how talented she is, she will not be good enough because of the things about her that make her who she is.
And I just find that sad.
Why are people so afraid of curves? Ugh, this is disgusting, but I can’t say I’m surprised.
Stop all this overly abused photoshop madness and let a girl be!Jennifer Lawrence seems so cool and is obviously a babe. WITHOUT ANYONE’S “HELP!” *edit* Saw the comments saying that the original pic is actually the one that got published. Now that rules! Either way, abused photoshop is still an issue that should be called out!
i adore jennifer lawrence. she is so awkward and so amazingly gorgeous all at the same time. finally…a REAL girl in hollywood.
- bleedingpaiges reblogged this from lacigreen
- coffe-and-cigerettes reblogged this from day47
- inhaling-wisdom likes this
- lovepicx64 likes this
- enzyklopaedie likes this
- alwayssammi likes this
- sherunswithzombies reblogged this from toxic-ponies
- antoniennui likes this
- lonelyandlostgirl reblogged this from ispeakineloquently
- underneath-tegan likes this
- nochillzonebruh likes this
- vinvin-vinny reblogged this from erisgoddessofchaos
- acodor-mortis likes this
- coffeeboys likes this
- snowfllake reblogged this from peanutbuttarunna
- condenados-a-amarse likes this
- ineverydirection likes this
- ziamscaminah reblogged this from hopeless-may
- must--beperfect reblogged this from day47
- aydenrawwr reblogged this from day47
- ipresentseverussnape reblogged this from wibbly-wobbly-timeywimeystuff
- demis-favs reblogged this from demonmooseblood
- annabeeworld likes this
- ana-my--love reblogged this from day47
- invent0rs likes this
- a-smart-alec reblogged this from kochei
- magont likes this
- lost-in-my-mentality likes this
- being-an-ape-is-funnier reblogged this from k8he-runs
- aqu4-rius likes this
- cause-you-gotta-have-faith likes this
- k8he-runs reblogged this from some-scars-some-clues
- k8he-runs likes this
- some-scars-some-clues reblogged this from fitvix
- fitvix reblogged this from healthy-fit--for-life
- bodyimage-media-love likes this
- jacqueleefrell reblogged this from face--the--strange
- elvigeee reblogged this from ladyqoldiex3
- drunkenpeanut likes this
- noturxxx likes this
- ladyqoldiex3 reblogged this from nouveautheriche
- nouveautheriche reblogged this from kelllykapowski
- darienbarbarian reblogged this from face--the--strange
- darksideofhemoon reblogged this from face--the--strange
- amlesko likes this
- unearthlynemo reblogged this from face--the--strange
- kadiedarling reblogged this from face--the--strange
- kadiedarling likes this